Join us for the inaugural Podcast Party event with Women Accelerators!
The October happy hour event will be like a book club, but with podcasts. Listen to the list of podcast episodes around a central theme and reflect on the discussion prompts. On the day of the event, we will come together to learn and discuss it as a group!
This month, the theme is dating and relationships in the time of COVID. Established relationships are undergoing changes, meanwhile, single people are going on Zoom dates. Let’s discuss!
Prior to the event, please listen to the following podcast episodes:
- Modern Love: “Your Stories of Love During the Pandemic”, April 1, 2020 (20 minutes)
- Love is Contagious: “Dating During Quarantine Ep 1”, June 8, 2020 (28 minutes)
- Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction with Dr. Sanjay Gupta: “Dating at a Distance”, April 16, 2020 (10 minutes)
As you listen, please consider the following:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages to virtual dates? How do those advantages and disadvantages differ among brand new relationships and established ones?
- Without the option of physical connection and touch, what are some other ways we can communicate and create bonds with people?
- What positive opportunities and outcomes has this pandemic created for our relationships?
- How can people experiencing breakups or relationship troubles find solace or comfort when going out and seeing people isn’t an option?
- Is this pandemic a “make it or break it” situation for relationships?
- How can we set boundaries or get necessary alone time when we’re stuck at home with our significant other all day every day?
- How can we navigate having a different comfort level than our SO when it comes to interacting with people and going out?
Grab a beverage and join us for Women Accelerators October happy hour event to discuss this fun topic!
- Everyone is welcome to join this event!
- Vanessa Chumbley, our Events and Programs Coordinator, is going to be your host this time.
- Zoom link will be sent on the day of the event.
PLEASE NOTE: When you attend a Women Accelerators event you will be entering an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By attending an event, you consent to such recording media and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for social media, news, website, webcasts, or promotional purposes.
Please use #weaccelerate when posting on social media about this event.
Email [email protected] for more information.