DLF’s Career Events Package

Registration for DLF’s packaged events are here!  Receive a discount by signing up for all 3 events in advance rather than each individual one.  Registration for the February event will be available shortly.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014: How to negotiate your salary and get what you want.

Now that you’ve got a job offer, how do you negotiate to get the salary that you deserve?

Women today are making roughly 20% less on every dollar a man earns doing exactly the same job. Although there are many contributing factors, one of them is the ability to negotiate a fair salary. Learn some of the ways to determine a fair salary range, approach a salary negotiation, and get what you want!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013: How to effectively network for better opportunities.

Do you know the old adage, “It isn’t what you know, but rather who you know”? It has been recorded at various universities that less than 20% of students got their first job from a direct application to an employer. The other 80% received employment through networking. This remains true throughout one’s professional career.

Learn how to effectively network. It is easy enough to show up to a networking event, but talking to random people is simply not enough. Join us to discuss the How To guide to networking and develop a plan on how you will land your next job.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013: How to find the right career path for you if you had no fear. 

Having different career options is a good thing, but picking the best one is difficult. What do you wake up every day wanting to do? Does it even exist? If so, where and how do you find it?

We will be hosting Sarah Cardozo Duncan again as our guest speaker. Sarah is a highly regarded career strategist and will deliver a program that will help guide you in the development of your best career path.

* * * * *

Cost:   $35 to sign up for all three events in advance or $15 for each individual event

Date:   First Wednesday of even-month (Oct, Dec & Feb) at 6 PM

Location: The Broad Institute (Olympus Room), Kendall Sq, Cambridge, MA

Dinner and wine will be provided.  Registration is required, check-in at front desk.