About this Event
This is a virtual “Bring Your Own Beverage” networking event hosted by Women Accelerators.
About this Event
Join us for the next installment of our Podcast Parties with Women Accelerators!
The December happy hour event will be like a book club, but with podcasts. Listen to the list of podcast episodes around a central theme and reflect on the discussion prompts. On the day of the event, we will come together to learn and discuss as a group!
This month, the theme is Women in Leadership. The typical leadership models are, frankly, white male models. However, more and more research is coming out from front-runners like Brené Brown showing that effective, courageous leadership comes from a place of vulnerability and empathy – historically “female” and undersirable traits. Leadership trends are moving in a promising direction, but women still have a lot of work to do on our road to equality in the workplace and seeing ourselves / being seen as leaders. Let’s discuss!
Prior to the event, please listen to the following podcast episodes:
- Dare to Lead with Brené Brown (available on Spotify)
Brené with Abby Wambach on the New Rules of Leadership
October 26, 2020 (67 minutes)
- HBR Women at Work
Seeing Ourselves as Leaders
December 16, 2019 (58 minutes)
As you listen, consider the following:
- Are you a leader in the roles you hold – whether at work or at home? If not – how come? Are you waiting for an invitation or permission?
- “Leading from the bench” as described by Abby is leading from wherever you are as opposed to waiting for permission / the title / the position. How can you lead from the bench in your life?
- Not all managers are leaders, and not all leaders are managers.
- Do you see yourself as a leader? Why or why not?
- Do others see you as a leader? Why or why not?
- What is it about leaders you look up to that you admire? How can you incorporate those same characteristics in your roles?
- We can be grateful AND ambitious. We can both keep our humanity and be grateful for all that we have, AND demand what we deserve.
- Do you believe that your success has been given to you by others or earned by your own hard work?
- We cannot both lead and protect our ego simultaneously.
- Do you “point or run” as described by Abby? How can you help support other women in their growth?
Grab a beverage and join us for Women Accelerators October happy hour event to discuss this fun topic!
The Women Accelerators Team
Everyone is welcome to join this event!
Vanessa Chumbley, our Events and Programs Coordinator, is going to be your host this time.
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 16th, 2020, 6:30-8:00 PM EST
Zoom link will be sent on the day of the event.
Corporate Sponsorship opportunities are available.
PLEASE NOTE: When you attend a Women Accelerators event you will be entering an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By attending an event, you consent to such recording media and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for social media, news, website, webcasts, or promotional purposes.
Please use #weaccelerate when posting on social media about this event.